Here is the FABULOUS news - there is SO MUCH fabulous news that I am going to bullet it:
- I had no hunger feelings at all, no food envy of what other people were eating.
- I had no desire to cheat. If I had been out with just my husband who knows about my sleeve I would have ordered just a cup of the soup and been totally content.
- You know that mouth feel, where your mouth is just watering and wanting that food - GONE.
- You know that head and body feeling where there's like a pulse in your brain going EAT, EAT, EAT - gone.
- Before the sleeve, I would have shared an app, eaten a salad, and ordered an entree, probably eating at leas half to three quarters of it.
- Before the sleeve I would have eaten the leftovers before I went to bed or first thing in the morning for breakfast - not this time!
- Long story short, I ate 3-4 sleeve sized bites of the soup and 1 or 2 sleeve sized bites of the macaroni sauce AND I WAS SET!!
I can't tell you how wonderful this was. For a person who spent a big majority of each day planning food, thinking about food, stressing about food, and finally eating huge amounts of food, the control I felt at last night's dinner felt like a literal gift from God, and I do thank God for Dr. Zapata and my sleeve every single day. It is like being released from some kind of hellish slavery where food calls all the shots. Thank you, thank you, thank you again Dr. Z. and the gastric sleeve.