Ticker

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Second Time Around of the First Day

Well, here it is, my second blog attempt in 2 days. I think I have the background I like and the rest of it seems to be falling into place, so it looks like a go. I am writing this blog at a time of change in my life, the change being lap band surgery upcoming on July 21, 2009. I can't tell you how excited I am about this surgery! I've struggled with my weight for years, for the most part keeping it under control. But - the past years have been very, very stressful and BANG - the weight got out of control in a big way for me. I am not sure which feels worse, that feeling of being physically out of control, being housed in a body that doesn't match my inner images, or mentally out of control, the anxiety, frustration and depression of trying to deal with a problem that seams absolutely unsurmountable. I don't think people who have never struggled with weight can understand that feeling.

So, the lap band. The minute the plans were laid I felt as though a huge weight lift right off my shoulders. I've read it all, the good, the bad, and the ugly, and I know in my gut that this is going to work for me. You know that feeling you get, call it intuition, call it whatever, but it's that feeling you get when you know something is right for you? That's the feeling. It feels good.

I am going to keep track of my weight loss stats on here as well. Here's where I'm starting:

July 1 213
July 16 203.5 (Atkins style presurgery diet)
July 18 Start clear fluid diet prior to surgery

Let's hope tomorrow brings good news on the scale!

No comments:

Post a Comment