Ticker

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hooray!

Hooray! Am down 1/2 pound to 203 and starting on presurgery liquid diet today. I know weight loss will probably be slow for me. I have a history of putting it on slowly and taking it off slowly as well. I have to admit, I did a lot of eating to get to 213 pounds although I am still in a daze as to how I got there. It will just be a lot easier to take it off slowly when the lap band is cutting down on this ravenous hunger. I've been reading a lot about head hunger - this is not head hunger! It is that scraping pain in the gut hunger that keeps you thinking about food every time another pang crunches in there. Flight on Monday, surgery on Tuesday. I can't wait!

I've also been reading about lap band sizes and the importance of getting the appropriate band for your stomach. Evidently, the doctor cannot know the exact details until he is looking at your insides, then he makes a judgement on which size band is right for you. From what I've read, people who have a lot of tightness problems - reflux, outragious puking, pain - often have a band that is too small for their anatomy. I know I am doing the Inamed band because my fill doctor up here prefers it, but there are two sizes. Am so glad my doctor has done several thousand (literally) of these things. My surgery rep. was banded by him, and she's reassured me that there will be no problems. Come on, Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment