Ticker

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back in the Swing of Things

Boy, have I been busy. Went back to work in August and just really haven't had time for anything but work, work activitities, family, and SLEEP.

I finally made my second goal of 178 pounds. It was SO difficult. I knew it would be, because I plateauted there for a long, long time on the way up, but it was still very stressful and disheartening. Down a half, up a half. Down a pound, up a pound. And it took forever compared to my past loss. I am just glad it's over. Finally, I dropped 2.5 pounds "overnight" and got to 178, got on the scale this morning and was 177.5. The pounds between 177.5 and 170 were fairly easy for me to lose in the past, so I am hoping I drop steadily without all the back and forth. 3rd Goal - 170. 37.5 to go total. I can, I can, I can, YES I CAN!! Once I hit 170 I am in uncharted territory. I haven't weighed less than 170 since I was in my 20's. I spent quite a bit of time at 156, even more time at 140, my goal. I think getting under 170 is going to be a lot harder than getting to 178.

In terms of sleeve eating, I have really struggled the past couple weeks at work. We have a lot of food activities without choices. I have to admit I've foamed and hirked more times than I'd care to think of. I am working on that, realizing JUST how much I ate to deal with stress before. It feels great that I can eat no where near the same amount, but I want to get it under conrol. I know I am going to hirk, yet I eat that last swallow anyway. Silly.

Am also noticing that my go-to foods of the past just do not have same effect on me anymore - now THAT is a great feeling. Have not had fast food or soda of any kind since July 1st and do not miss it at all. The thought of sitting down in front of a giant burger and fries makes me kind of gag, at this point anyway. Just so HUGE, way too much food. Back in the day I could do a value meal plus an extra burger just for fun. Feels good for that to be over. I am not saying I will never eat a bite of burger again, but at this time it feels great that it all seems to be just too much to eat. I never thought I would feel that way.

Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I will try to do better.

1 comment: